Preventative Medicine FAQs
What is preventative Medicine?
Many serious diseases and disorders are treatable at their earliest stages. With proper preventive care, it’s easy for the team at Pandya Medical Center to identify the first symptoms, signs, or risk factors for disease. With early medical intervention and treatment, it’s possible to improve your outcome dramatically, or even avoid getting sick altogether.
What services does preventive care include?
Preventive medicine services vary depending on your individual needs. The specific type of preventive care you receive depends on factors such as your age, sex, and medical history.
The team at Pandya Medical Center offers comprehensive preventive physical exams for adults and children, including:
- Fitness testing and evaluation before sports or physical activities
- Food sensitivity testing
- Medical grade nutritional supplements such as Metagenics®, Ortho Molecular Products®, and Taylor MD Formulations®
What are the benefits of food sensitivity testing?
The team at Pandya Medical Center provides food sensitivity testing along with several therapeutic efforts to help diagnose leaky gut syndrome. This may include a blood test that shows which foods trigger your immune system to react.
Food sensitivity testing can detect foods that cause problems for several weeks after you eat them. Since leaky gut tends to cause low-grade inflammation and symptoms that gradually appear over time, you may not be able to identify problem foods on your own.
The easiest way to heal a leaky gut is to avoid the foods that trigger your symptoms, and the best way to find out exactly what those foods are is with a sensitivity test.
What are the benefits of medical grade supplements?
The medical grade supplements available at Pandya Medical Center offer several advantages over vitamins and minerals you can buy at the store, such as:
- Higher quality due to the rigid manufacturing guidelines these brands must follow
- Trusted by doctors and health care providers all over the world
- Free of gluten, soy, nuts, fish, dairy, and other common allergens (unless stated on the label)
- Produced on specialized equipment, not in a facility containing common allergens
- Easy to purchase online
If you want to take charge of your health with excellent preventive care, call Pandya Medical Center or book an appointment online today.